You can register but we are not taking new articles at this time
Personalized Stationery - The Lost Art of Letter Writing
Today, letter writing is experiencing a revival, and for good reason. People have come to long for the feeling of permanence and stability that a letter, written in a loved one's own hand, brings. Only the hand written letter can be saved, treasured and appreciated for years to come. Letters tell a story of life. While email and texting has its own place in communication, there are some things that only a letter can provide.
• Subtle changes in handwriting can show mood, age or emphasis
• Personalized stationery tells the recipient that you are sending thoughts you hope will be remembered
• Fine quality paper can signify the importance of the occasion
• It is absolutely unique to the receiver
• The receiver is honored by the time and thoughtfulness it takes create
• It is much more personal and intimate
Classic correspondence starts with the choice of stationery, which is the foundation. There are many fine papers on the market from which to choose, and should reflect the sender, receiver and occasion. Official or important correspondence may lend itself to elegant personalized stationery, while a friendly letter to stay in touch would be well fitted to a cheerful and colorful pattern.
• Choose more subtle designs for business correspondence
• Use personalized stationery to help your letter stand out from others
• The regular use of distinctive stationery creates a story over time for the receiver
• The stationery should reflect a thoughtful understanding of the receiver's mood or situation in life
• Browse available stamps and find ones that would closely correspond with the stationery
Even the simple memo pad can have a place of value in you life. A quick message of your thoughts as you leave in the morning can help loved ones feel remembered and cared for. Office correspondence can also gain importance with the use of distinctive memo pads. Even when electronic correspondence is used, a friendly memo can help your message stand out.
• Use color coded memo pads to reflect levels of importance in messages to employees
• Use professional and warmly designed memos to add a personal greeting to fellow employees
• Fun memos added to a child's lunch can remind them you are thinking of them, even while they are away
Though super fast communication will always have a place, the art of letter writing is a splendid tradition that will always be kept by those who realize the value of the handwritten thought.
Author :- VickieLexom | date submitted - 25-01-2010 fred| views - 220
Vickie Lexom is what kids today would call "Old School." She loves hand crafted items and unique gifts. While email is the norm for her business, she enjoys writing letters for personal affairs. Colorful Images offers a wide selection of personalized stationery that helps her to send a small piece of her personality with every letter. From memo pads to thank you cards, if you get a letter from Vickie, you'll know it before you even begin reading.